May brings flowers, great weather, and a fantastic show called The Makeup Show NYC that I cover every year! I am so excited for all that the show is offering this year. The show is this weekend, May 6th and May 7th. Read all about what this show has to offer. There will even be a career fair this year for those that are looking to work in the beauty industry!
I love covering this show because of the atmosphere and the energy of everyone around. There are people of all ages and genders at this show, and the common thread between everyone is makeup! There is so much to learn, so much to buy, and so much to experience at this show. While I am not a make up artist, I admire as well as respect their craft and whenever I see the showcase of their work, I am amazed. Attend! You will not regret it, xo.
Attendees will learn how to build a better makeup kit, gain new tips for their career, meet makeup legends, shop pro-only rates at top beauty brands, and experience an event that brings artists from all over the world together.
Exclusive Beauty Brands: Attendees can shop pro-only prices from top beauty brands, including: Pat McGrath Labs, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Hourglass
Cosmetics, Stila Cosmetics, NUDESTIX, Purlisse Beauty, Urban Decay Cosmetics, Guerlain, Malin + Goetz, Covergirl Cosmetics, and MORE! Including sponsors:
Diamond Sponsor MAKE UP FOR EVER, Platinum Sponsor Crown Brush, Silver Sponsors KISS, Temptu, and Frends Beauty, Supporting Sponsors Smashbox,
Alcone, INGLOT, and MustaeV and Contributing Sponsors Glamcor and Pinnacle Cosmetics.
- Art Gallery: The Makeup Show will debut “Shades of Beauty” an art gallery where Danessa Myricks and Moshoodat Sanni — two of today’s most exciting and
original voices — explore the relationship between makeup art and making art. Over 20 pieces will be on display!
Keynotes: A must for attendees, The Keynote & Business Forum is perfect for attendees to learn tips, tricks and techniques for career advancement. Some of
the industry greats will be highlighting a range of topics such as innovation, color and making your mark in this competitive industry.Bobbi Brown, Making Your Mark: Bobbi will share stories and experiences from her iconic career and inspire to find authenticity in our own
artistry to make our own mark.
- Miss Fame, Beauty Mark: Making an Impact on Artistry: Join Miss Fame (Kurtis Dam-Mikkelsen) as he shares the story of what led him into the
world of modeling and makeup. He will demonstrate his impeccable skills and secrets that go into his internationally recognized makeup
applications. Watch as this master performs his work and witness the art of transformation.Timothy Hung, Artistry in Action: Timothy will showcase the visual components of color, form, line, shape, texture and value to take you from
fundamentals to the fantastical. Watch and experience how an artist can use color and texture to elevate an application and showcase how two-
dimensional ideas are adapted to three dimensional in an application.
- Hung Vanngo, Signature Style: Hung talks about his career and shares some thoughts on what you can do in your own career to make your mark.
He will show you an application and bring you through the decision-making and product selection process.
- Moshoodat Sanni, Beyond Beauty: Moshoodat will share her story, her unique style, and her ability to use her influence to characterize her
artistic talent to inspire artists to go beyond just being ordinary. She will talk about finding your muse, and discuss the importance of diversity and
inclusivity in the industry.
- Roshar, Artistry and Innovation: Roshar will share his story, tell his secrets and show attendees one of his unforgettable makeups he has become
- Jordan Liberty, Image and Influence: Jordan will discuss the importance of social media, share his advice on creating and capturing unforgettable
images, and offer advice for those looking to take their career to the next level.
- An Artist Conversation with James Vincent, Kevin James Bennett, Jon Henessey, Sarah Lucero, Nicky Posley, and Kerri Blair: Join the panel of
industry insiders as they discuss the effect of social media and the different options available to artist’s and offer opinion and advice on everything
from rates, bookings, creating beauty, having a career with integrity and the important relationship between art and influence.
- Career Fair: Looking for a career in beauty? Guests will get face-to- face interviews and career tips from experts, plus the opportunity to learn what
potential employers are looking for in portfolios and resumes and to network with industry executives, decision makers and experts. The Career Fair
will be held Monday, May 7 th from 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM.
The Makeup Show NYC is held on Sunday, May 6, 2018 from 9am to 6pm and on Monday, May 7, 2018 from 9am to 5pm at Metropolitan Pavilion,
125 W. 18 th Street, NYC. For a complete schedule of Keynote Speakers as well as a list of participating brands, schedule of events and prices, please visit